Ship Connects, Ship’s official virtual networking platform, makes it easy for faculty and staff to connect with alumni and enhance classroom learning experiences.
Shippensburg University faculty and staff are encouraged to join the official online networking platform, Ship Connects. SSO makes it quick and simple to complete your profile on Ship Connects with your Ship email address. Once your profile is set up, you’ll have access to all contacts in Alumni Relation’s directory*, giving you the opportunity to utilize real-life experiences and feedback from Ship alumni. In Ship Connects you can:
- Connect students with alumni mentors that can last from a few weeks to many months (or even years!) with the Raiders Connect 365 Mentor Program (available ONLY on Ship Connects).
- Invite an alum to attend your class or club as a guest speaker.
- Ask students to poll or pose a question to alumni in their field as part of your curriculum. (Great for research projects!)
- Connect with and support high need current students.
- Engage with employers with valuable industry insight.
- Post jobs and reference students to current job postings.
It’s so much more than LinkedIn! All users indicate preferences and interests, and system algorithms match you to alumni, faculty, staff, and students with mutual passions, so your profile is totally unique to you.
*If an alumni has not yet joined Ship Connects, any user can include a specific and personalized message to that individual, which is sent directly to their up-to-date email address on file. Please note, records deemed confidential are not listed in Ship Connects.
COMPLETE YOUR SHIP CONNECTS PROFILE
Click the “Join Ship Connects” red button . Then faculty and staff can click, MYSHIP LOGIN, to complete your profile. Then get connecting!
Ship Connects is brought to you by Shippensburg University’s Career, Mentoring, and Professional Development Center and the Alumni Relations Office.