Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania has been named a U.S. News & World Report Best Regional University and Top Public School.
In the 2021 “Best Colleges” rankings released today, Ship is ranked 25th among Top Public Schools on the list for Regional Universities (North), up from 27th place in 2020. Ship is ranked 88th on the Best Colleges list for Regional Universities (North), up from 100th place in 2020.
Ship also ranked 61st as a Best Value School and 57th as a Best College for Veterans.
The ranking recognitions are on trend with university’s recently announced increases in enrollment and record retention rates. The across-the-board growth affirms Shippensburg University as “student first” institution and a stand-out university of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.
According to U.S. News & World Report, the magazine’s ranking model, now in its 26th year, offers uniform data analysis regarding “1,452 U.S. bachelor’s degree-granting institutions on 17 measures of academic quality” to allow parents and students an easy guide for comparisons.
“It is a testament to the dedication of our faculty and staff that our university is recognized with this momentous climb in the U.S. News ranking model,” commented Laurie A. Carter, president of Shippensburg University. “Although rankings do not fully capture the educational experience, this demonstrated growth and distinguished recognition is a great source of pride and affirms our commitment to excellence, equity, and access as a public institution in south-central Pennsylvania.” “
It is deeply rewarding to be recognized with this noteworthy climb in rankings on the nationally-recognized Best Colleges list,” added Tom Ormond, provost and senior vice president for academic affairs. “This achievement is reflective of our renowned faculty, our diverse array of accredited programs, and our ever-expanding commitment to student learning and success.”
This past year, Shippensburg University has earned a wide array of accolades, including:
- Top 50 Business Degrees by Learn.org
- First-gen Forward Institution by the Center for First-generation Student Success
- PNGAS Guard Friendly School
- Top Marketing School and Best Supply Chain Management School in the United States by Study.com
- College of Distinction for Business, Education and Engineering.
- College of Distinction for Career Development, Equity and Inclusion, and Military Support
- Top Master’s in Science Education program by Intelligent.com
- Leading Financial Planning School, by Financial Planning
- Best Business Schools, MBA programs, The Princeton Review
- Best Online Programs, MBA and MBA for Veterans, U.S. News & World Report
About Shippensburg University
Shippensburg University is committed to student success and personal development through high-quality and innovative coursework that is enhanced by out-of-class experiences. With nearly 250 programs, Shippensburg University offers accredited and industry aligned undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs, preparing the workforce of the future, today.