Shippensburg University has been named one of the nation’s most outstanding degrees in finance, according to Study.com, adding another accolade an impressive collection for the AACSB accredited John L. Grove College of Business.
The education services company rated Shippensburg University among 50 of the, “2021 Best Degrees in Finance,” released January 13, 2021. Study.com’s most important attributes in ranking include, “accessibility, affordability, and quality of education.”
Kathryn, eduction research manager at Study.com explained, “In our research, we analyzed a variety of factors using several data points from the U.S. Department of Education, like tuition rates, as well as facts from the school, like program accessibility, student organizations, and career resources. Because finance students benefit from hands-on learning experiences, we also checked out factors like a university’s student-managed investment funds, lab facilities, access to finance research data-bases, faculty research and teaching success, and professional exam prep resources.”
Dr. Ian Langella, chair of the department of finance and supply chain management, praised his colleagues stating, “the high quality of the faculty in our department with extensive experience in the field of finance continue to propel our university and students to success.”
Study.com’s public research notes focused on some of the opportunities for real-world learning available in a finance degree at Shippensburg University. “For decades, the university has helped place their junior and seniors in semester-long internships where students earn one academic credit for every 40-hour work week (for up to 9 credits). Students may also have the chance to help manage stock portfolios, either through their academic classes or through the Investment Club, a student-led organization.”
In addition to an established internship program, student professional organizations, and hands-on learning labs like the Brad E. Hollinger Stock Trading Room, research from Study.com also indicated, “The program has a lot to offer students who are interested in personal finance management, including a concentration focused on preparing graduates to take the CFP (Certified Financial Planner) exam.” Registered and certified by the Certified Financial Planner Board (CFP Board), the personal financial planning concentration prepares students with knowledge of valuation of securities, insurance, estate and retirement planning, and employee benefits.
Over 40 million visitors per month use Study.com to research schools, degrees, and careers, and this list will help users and potential students learn about Shippensburg University’s award-winning offerings in the Finance and Supply Chain Management Department in the Grove College of Business.
Shippensburg University has recently earned a wide array of accolades, including:
- US News & World Report (Regional Universities North 2021)
- Top Public Schools
- Best College for Veterans
- Best Value Schools
- Best Online MBA Programs for Veterans
- Best Online MBA Programs
- Best Degrees in Finance by Study.com (Grove College, 2021)
- Best Business Schools by The Princeton Review (Grove College, 2021)
- PNGAS Guard Friendly School 2021
- Top ranked school for supply chain management, human resources management and finance by Study.com (2020)
- First-gen Forward Institution by the Center for First-generation Student Success
- College of Distinction for Business, Education and Engineering.
- College of Distinction for Career Development, Equity and Inclusion, and Military Support
- Top Master’s in Science Education program by Intelligent.com
- Leading Financial Planning School, by Financial Planning